Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Saturday Sketch


First of all, I am so sorry this is so late in the day, I wasn't able to get to the computer 'till now.

I wanted to use this picture, because it in a way epitomizes the beauty of this spring. This particular drawing has two meanings, first, is that we can offer all this beauty and every wildflower or rose to Christ with joy and wonder, much like a child would; and second, it signifies that Christ has given it all to us in a perfect, beautiful, innocent and loving sacrifice and act of love. I can just picture every time I see a flower, Jesus' perfect hand that put it there. It almost gives a profound meaning to every flower, or at least we can view it as such, as God creating them for us to offer back to Him. Here is a little quote to state it more poetically:

"God waits to win back his own flowers as gifts from man's hands. " ~Rabindranath Tagore, Stray Birds, 1916

2 comments:

Faith Mae said...

Lovely picture! In the same way flowers are inspirational so are trees and children to me. My family travels so much that I see mountains littered with sweet smelling greenery and young kids on vacation. I hear their gleeful laughing bloom, then as we drive away I keep their faces in my mind. I hold the trees in my heart for they are so amazing! Tall, majestic, even when they grow brown. If ever I am angry or sad I look up at the plants God has given us and begin to understand His power. They can be touched, smelled, rested under, learned from and used for mankind! Even I cannot do all that...

Thank you Julia for another fine thought provoking post!

Jules said...

Oh Faith that is exactly what I do!!! Children, especially babies, are that way for me too, that is why I adore babysitting so much. :) Thank you for a beautiful comment!
;)Julia