Friday, January 11, 2008

The Saturday Sketch


I have decided to start a new "feature," I guess you could call it, on my blog. It is called "The
Saturday Sketch." Every Saturday I will post a sketch from my art book of the past year, along with a poem or quote that inspired me to draw it. Hopefully this will help me to have at least one consistent post every week, and since my art is like a journal for me, it may help you to understand me better without me having to do a whole bunch of writing. I don't know if this will even work or if you guys will like it, but I will throw it out there anyway. Not to mention I think it is a good idea to have your original pictures somewhere other than on paper, for safety sake. If all that I own is burned in a fire and my only possession left is my pictures of my blog then that would be better than nothing at all, right? Anyway, even though my pictures are anything from perfect I hope that we will both gain something from this. Lastly I want to dedicate this new "feature" to my dear sister Heather, who recommended that I do this and who is always inspiring me by her wonderful ideas, and talented pictures and drawings. Well here it goes...

1 comment:

Faith Mae said...

I never knew that about you! I love the 'feature' idea!

Looking forward to more Saturdays!

XoXo