Sunday, December 16, 2007

Time...it has whole new meaning

Here we are in Montevideo once again. Except this time it's not a new experience, it' an old and familiar one. We have been away from home for 103 days or 3 months and 12 days. It is not even new news anymore, it's just weird, surreal, saddish, and also SUPER EXCITING. We have been here for so long and yet time has gone by faster than a light beam. 3 months ago this very day, in Montevideo. I could never have believed what the future of this trip would hold. And yet here I am with all those as memories, with more unknown moments in the future. It has all really made me realize how incredibly important it is to savor every second of every minute of these short lives that we live. All I ever look at is blindly towards the future, not even letting the present sink in and simmer There is so much to get out of life, and so that is why I wrote this entry at 1 am. To stop, take advantage of my ansomnia, stop and savor, stop and ponder, and stop and let live this crazy life of mine.
All in God's plan for our trip,
Julia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a trip. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Faith Mae said...

I'm sure no one else besides you and your family will be able to fully comprehend time as you just did in one post.