Thursday, December 13, 2007

In the Midst of our Coziness and of the Mountains

The Volcano at sunset
The delicious rainbow trout that Chris and Elli caught
The view from our house at dusk
I came home to this... everyone plugged in to their own little universe
This is our cozy little Cabana
On the horseback ride...


All views from the trail
My little horse


Those snow peaked mountains



Typical farmsteads that you see EVERYWHERE
The town of Pucon... the highly touristic haven just down the road

And oh look... it's the volcano... for the hundredth time :P
Villarrica Lake




Here we are as cozy as ever in our comfortable cabana that I mentioned in the last post. Today is our last day here and then we will start heading North again, so join me in my bittersweet parting of this comfortable and beautiful place, which is by far the most gloriously gorgeous one we have been in all of South America. It has all types of beauty: lush green farmlands, surrounded by volcanoes and snow-peaked mountains, Eucalyptus forests and wildflowers everywhere along the roadside. It is never ending you can't look somewhere and not see some kind of beauty. As you can see from the pictures above, we have done lots of different things lately. Living in California I never understood what was so pleasurable about "a Sunday drive", all I see driving through California is dry, dry, dry, (not to diss California or anything) I just prefer green, green, green. So when I came here one of my favorite things to do was drive and look at the incredible scenery everywhere. Sadly I am afraid that other people don't like going on drives with me because I am usually squishing over their bodies to take what they call "pictures of the exact same things " and to which I respond, "it is my passion." I am sure all of you can attest to that fact, from seeing my pictures from this and previous posts. :) I am sorry that you all have to suffer through "my passion" trust me this trip will be over soon enough and you can all rest your weary tolerances while I enjoy looking daily at my thousands of pictures of fields and mountains. :) Oh well I am afraid that I have lost my own mind and do not know what I am talking about anymore so maybe I will just talk about something else... our horseback ride. Yes, two days ago we went on a horseback ride through the wilderness. It was actually quite interesting, other than the fact that my short little horse was ALWAYS trying to steal a bite of the trailside shrubbery, especially while I was attempting to take a picture of the beauti... oop there I go again with my silly rantings about beauty. So I better stop now before we both go utterly insane. So now I'll leave you saying that we have completely enjoyed our time in this wonderful place and (at least I am) ready to say my partings to it and to return home to our dry and wildflowerless California. Until later then my friends, when I have access to free internet. All in God's perfect plan for our trip,
Julia

4 comments:

Ez said...

Sweet little sister...
Well, first you took my breath away with all those gorgeous photos, and now you've got me rolling on the ground in a fit of giggles as I read your post. You are in good company with "your passion"... I know what it's like to see something so glorious that you must immediately attempt to capture even a tiny piece of it (think about me and birds... every bird is like a new and wondrous gift to me... while to everyone else it is just another bird).
In any case... I look forward to many hours of gazing at your beautiful photographs with you, while you regail me with tales from your trip.

I can't wait to see you again... only a week until then!!!

xo
Heather

Jules said...

Sweet big sister,
Thank you so much for leaving such a wonerful comment. It really made my day. I completely understand your bird "passion" now and I am glad you can relate to mine. When I read your comment I could perfectly picture your face while you were writing it. I miss your smiling face. I cant wait to see you and Kaia again and to show you all my other millions of pictures. I love you so much, and cant wait till this week is over.
xox
Julia

Faith Mae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faith Mae said...

Hiya Julia!

I was completely taken away with your photos. Your desire for home must be very great in size. However I have been praying that the last days of your journey would be amazing memories for you later in life. I hope God blesses you on the path towards home!