Friday, September 7, 2007

The Panama Detour

Panama Sky Scraper Coast

The View from our hotel



The verdant view from the main road
Even though Panama City is huge it still has a beautiful view of the mountains.



Well I was planning to start this journal blog when we were in Uruguay, but what I am about to write is just an all-to-perfect beginning.-I am dangling my feet off the edge of a 12 story building,sitting on a grass-covered rooftop in Panama, watching an approaching thunderstorm. Sound a little odd? Well it is perfect for me. I sit seeing a whole new world around me.It is so easy to forget that there are other people out in the world living their lives, but thousands of miles away. And every time you see a car zoom past, you know that someone is in it and they have lives and feelings,dreams and families just like us,and they all were once in their mothers wombs,like all of us and yet our lives are so completely seperated. It is more than I can comprehend. Well the reason I am saying any of this is because (to make a long story short), our 2 am flight from La to Panama was delayed till 11 am the next day. that plane was late so we missed our connections from Panama to Montivideo,so we were put up in a hotel in Panama city the whole day till our flight left that night at 7 pm. Thats the story. We are know thankfully safe in Uruguay and will start school Monday.As annoying as it was I thank God for the delay so that I could experience Panama. Well my next post will be about Uruguay,unfortunately I did not remember a camera cord, so I will post the pics of Panama tommorow. Hasta luego!
Julia

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Wow...that's a huge delay but an incredible opportunity. I am so glad you had the change to visit Panama for a while - even if it might have been scary or boring. :D Miss ya and am excited to hear about all the adventures ahead of you!

Riss