Friday, December 11, 2009

Affections of the Soul...

This is a short one for today, but it is something that I need to be constantly asking in order to renew my determination to groggily force my tired self out of bed at 6:15 every morning, bury myself in a million layers and stumble out into 10 degree frostiness... to participate in one of the most incredible and yet profoundly overlooked things that man could ever do... to go to Mass.

“God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say “thank you?” (William A. Ward)
 
 

2 comments:

The Digital Violinist said...

I read this quote somewhere that said, "The Mass is the greatest form of prayer there is. One Mass you attend in your lifetime will be worth more than 100 Masses offered for your soul after death."
Very motivating for me. Especially in the early morning. ;)

--F.

Irene said...

that reminds me about how i've been thinking lately of the concept of "tithing time" basically, that God gives us 24 hours a day and the least we could do is spend a fairly generous portion with Him...10% maybe? of course, I am very forgetful and negligent about actually doing this (as usual). *sigh* new years resolution maybe? :D