Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Saturday Sketch



He is happiest who hath power to gather wisdom from a flower. ~Mary Howitt

I found this quote and this picture to fit very well together. The reason for this is that so often it is the young children who have the ability to cherish a flower that are the happiest. One time I was babysitting a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old, and when we went outside they immediately discovered the little wildflowers that grew around the edge of the driveway. It was like it was a profound concept to them, these flowers. We spent quite some time out there looking at the different colors and textures, and picking a few here and there. Not only did they greatly appreciate them, but the 4 yr old spurted out some spiritual meaning connecting God with the flowers. It is about time that we take to heart the verse where God tells us to "be like the little children."
We can gather the wisdom from the children and from the wisdom they gather from little things like flowers.

1 comment:

Faith Mae said...

Such a beautiful picture! Well done on the fingers! I can never do fingers and hands. I just LOVE it!

I am trying to look at things through a child's point of view. When I see problems around or things that would normally upset me I am learning to see through young eyes. Jesus is right there with me. Even when health, family, school, emotions, world issues all loom upon me I can turn to the sky (or the driveway flowers) and put my complete trust in Him who made me.

Love ya!

Faith